Intellivest Financial Services Specialises in wealth and investment management.
Intellivest is built on the principle that it is essential to provide continuous input and ongoing service to all its clients. Specialising in asset class management, IFS can be differentiated from the market by ongoing investment guidance, striving to outperform with customised investment and wealth management strategies for each individual or corporate client.
To enable Intellivest to deliver on its business objective it is required to engage with potential customers and to offer them a business proposal or service or discuss their investment or financial enquiry.
Intellivest must collect and use information, including personal information as defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act, to the extent that it is necessary to properly provide services which include financial advisory services including retirement and lifestyle planning, new investments, additional investments, withdrawals from investments, switches of portfolios, changes to member static contact and family details, tax advisory and general ongoing management of client portfolios, as required by the client.
This Policy sets out the categories of personal information that Intellivest Financial Services (IFS) may collect from you as well as how IFS processes and protects that personal information.
If you have any questions regarding this Policy or your personal information, please see our contact details below. IFS may amend this Policy from time to time and it is your responsibility to ensure that you are aware of any changes that may have been made. Should IFS make any material changes to this Policy, you will be notified.
What information do we collect from you?
IFS may collect the following information from you for the purposes outlined below:
- A list of product or services that you express an interest in;
- Your name, address, date of birth, place of birth, identity/passport number, marital details, gender, residency details, education, bank details, details about your employment, tax information and financial information
- Record of correspondence from you or anyone acting on your behalf;
- Details on transactions you carry out with us.
How and why do we collect your information?
IFS may collect your information in a number of ways which include:
Information volunteered by you
During the client onboarding process, you may be required to provide certain information to enable IFS to process your information in order to:
- Provide you with the product(s)/service(s) that you have requested, managing our relationship with you, acting on your instructions and notifying you of any changes to our services or business operations;
- Verify your identity in terms of our obligation under the Financial Intelligence Centre Act, 38 of 2001;
- Detect and prevent fraud to the extent that we are in a position to do so; and
- Comply with any laws or regulations, including law enforcement, government and tax collection agencies, treaties and codes
Throughout the course of the relationship, IFS may record your information as mentioned above in order to accurately carry out your instructions, ensure the level of service provided is of the highest standard and comply with any legislation/regulations.
IFS does not make use of any cookies or track visitor behaviour to the IFS website nor does IFS record or store any visitor information other than that information which the visitor volunteers by way of completing an expression of interest form.
Storing your information
IFS is required to ensure that the personal information we hold for you is accurate and maintained in a secure environment for a period of time but no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which we process your personal information.
IFS stores your personal information on personal computers and on back up servers that may be located in a country or countries outside of the country in which you reside and therefore, the information may be subject to an international transfer outside of your country of residence, including, where applicable, transfers of personal information outside of South Africa. All transfers of personal information from and within IFS are conducted in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws. Third parties to whom we transfer information for the purpose of providing a product or service which you wish to acquire or for secure back-up storage have been verified by IFS and operate according to the relevant country privacy laws.
As a general rule this means that IFS will retain your information for a period of 5 years after the termination of our services with you. However, IFS may be required to retain your information for longer where we are required to do so for tax, legal, regulatory, complaints or accounting purposes.
Sharing your personal information
During the course of the relationship, IFS may disclose your information to the following third parties:
- Third parties that provide IFS with services, including technical support, products, hosting and storage services, reporting services and general services that may be related to the product/service that we provide you;
- Professional advisers, judicial, regulatory and law enforcement bodies; and
- A third party that may acquire all or part of our assets or shares, and that succeeds us in carrying on all or part of our business.
Accessing your personal information
In terms of the Promotion of Access to Information Act, 2 of 2000, you have the right to request the details of your personal information that we hold. The fees associated with such request are prescribed in terms of this Act.
Confirmation of whether we hold your personal information may be requested free of charge. For further information on how to request access to your personal information, please review our Promotion of Access to Information Act Manual.
Your data protection rights
As a data subject, you have the right to object to IFS processing of your personal information. Should you wish to exercise this right, please contact IFS at the details provided at the end of this note.
In terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013 and the Promotion of Access to Information Act, 2 of 2000, you have the right to:
- Request that your Personal Information which we have collected be corrected, reduced, returned or deleted, subject to any other law/regulation that may require IFS to retain such information.
- Access your personal information that we hold. IFS shall grant access to the aforementioned personal information during office hours and within a reasonable time after receiving a written request for access.
Should you have an issue with IFS processing your personal information or would like to make a complaint in relation to the personal information held and processed by IFS you may contact the IFS Information Officer
Alternatively, you may contact the Information Regulator.
Information Officer- Mrs Jalda Hodges
Intellivest Financial Services
Unit 7 Sunpark Office Block
178 Smit Street
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Tel:+27(0) 66 292 3706/ +27 83 700 3877 /+27 (0) 82 787 7650
The Information Regulator
33 Hoofd Street
Forum III, 3rd Floor Braampark